Monday, September 29, 2008

from the mouth of babes

So I've been thinking alot about things I need to blog about and these two experiences are some that NEED to be recorded down!!

The first one is a conversation that Sara had with Gpa Nolan. She was being babysat by my parents on the last sat conference back in April, some of you have heard this, and their conversation went something like this:

gpa: Sara do you know what happens when you turn 8?

s: I don't have to sit in a car seat anymore!

gpa: yes, but you also get to be baptized

s: oh I'm not going to be baptized until I know which church is true

gpa: I can tell you which church is true

s: no Gpa, I'm going to pray like Joseph did and find out which church is true!

Sara is one determined girl!! We love her and her personality! She is one that keeps us on our toes and doesn't take your word for it. If she wants something she will do almost anything to get it. I just have to tell myself daily that her devotion to getting what she wants will be SO beneficial for her when she gets older. Meaning if Matt and I can keep her on the right path, as she gets older she will use that for the good! As you can tell she acts years older than she really is...that is most of the time. She will also act like the youngest child in the room in order to get some attention. There has been many times that I have thought that she was meant to be Heathers daughter, but I am SO glad shes mine! I love her to pieces!

The next experience is again a conversation that Zack had with his Gma B. My mom was keeping Zack and Curtis for us one weekend this last summer, while Matt, Sara and I went to Seattle for a family reunion. My mom and Zack were reading a book, I think, and the conversation went something like this:
z: gma can you help me find a bush?
gma: Why do you need a bush?
z: cause I need to go pee in it
gma: honey, we don't go pee in the bushes, we go in the potty.
Explanation: On behalf of my child I would like to do a little explaining. This past summer was his first summer being potty trained, which means that when we went camping, which we did about 4 different times, he learned that he being a boy could go pee in a bush rather than go into gma and gpa's trailer. He thought he was such a big boy being able to do this!
Now there are probably a million more funny things that my kids have said over the summer, but those are some classics that I just had to write down! And I am sure we are in for some real big laughs from Curtis just as soon as he starts talking better!

9 comments:

brittany said...

i love the funny stuff kids say. these are great!

Mower Family said...

I love hearing these conversations again. Zack is so funny. Last Friday when I was watching him, I told him it was time to put the bikes away and go inside. He got really mad and slammed his bike and scooter away. He was pouting (loudly), "I want to ride more, why do I have to go in." I'm sure you know exactly how he said it. I said to him (something I learned from you): Zack, you need to say 'thanks Alli, for letting me ride my bike'. He looked at me and smiled, laughed and said, "Oh yeah, thanks for letting me ride my bike Alli." Then he was happy as a lark It was so funny! He's such a character!

emily said...

perfect! i love it!!

{sArAh} said...

Ha! How Funny! I know there have been so many times that Jared and I have laughed about something your kids have said! They are so funny

Jenny and Jared said...

Thats fun to hear those cute stories- your kids are darling.

Jennalee said...

those are hilarious :) I love her big use of her agency talk :) that means you've been teaching her right :)

Staci said...

They both crack me up! I'm sure curtis will follow suit, he already does the funniest things!

emlizalmo said...

HA! These are so cute Jessica! I love your beautiful kids. :)

HBC said...

Oops. I think Scott and I may have sparked the conversation with Zach and Mom. When we were swimming Zack needed to go to the bathroom and Scott had him pee in the bush outside. hahahaha.