Friday, September 26, 2008

inspired


So a couple of weeks ago I went to a R.S. enrichment activity, and was inspired to do lots of things.

One: make homemade wheat bread, which I did. After a couple of months of whining from my husband to use our new wheat grinder, I finally got it out and used it. However I learned at the enrichment activity that practice makes perfect when making bread. Mine didn't raise like it was suppose to, but it tasted fine, so we have 4 flat loafs of wheat bread. Matt is in heaven though! My only complaint is that if practice makes perfect can someone come up with a recipe to make only 1 loaf of bread instead of 4!

Two: buy a better camera. I haven't got the cash to do so, but I am going to start learning all about the SLR cameras while saving my pennies, and I do mean pennies! I get so frustrated with taking pictures and not having the lighting right or not being able to zoom like I want. I do promise to start taking more pictures with the one I have and playing around with it more so that I become familiar with all the modes it has. That should help me better prepare myself too. OH and I want photo shop. I know that is loads of money too, I'll just start saving for that too and maybe by the time I have grand kids I will have a nice camera and program! So really my inspiration from this class was to take more pictures!

Three: blog more for myself and my children. I learned that for like $40 you can get your blog printed and bound. A whole yrs worth of blogs in one book! What a keepsake for my kids! So I will try to be better at recording my families daily happenings. I have such a hard time blogging, because I worry my inability in expressing my thoughts and feelings, but NO MORE. I vow to blog even if i can't express my thoughts and feelings as I would like to.

Four: food storage....need I say more. Matt and I really have been trying hard this summer to build up our food storage, so this was kind of like an up lifter class, if you know what I mean. I got lots of information at this class in pamphlets, which is nice to actually have things in writing. Now all i need is Alli to come and organize me;)

So I had 4 big inspiring classes at this activity, I am so thankful for activities like this that keep me on my toes, and inspire me. (Don't be suprise to see more posts of summer events that need documenting for my kids!)

7 comments:

emily said...

thank you so much for this post ... it inspired me ... i've been lax in blogging myself and i need to keep up!
who taught that class? and can you get me more notes - i'm the enrichment leader in my ward and i'm looking for some great inspiring lessons to share! Thanks!

Gicela said...

Hey Jess! I love reading your blog! Where can I find out more info. about printing blogs? That sounds awesome. Also, I bought a photo shop essentials program for $80 at coscto and it does a TON of stuff. I think if you wanted to do prfessional pictures you want the thousand plus dollar one, but I think the photoshop essentials does a LOT of stuff too. I haven't even had a chance to explore it all yet, just enough to make birth announcements for Matthias. So, maybe your dreams can come true a little sooner! Hope that helps!

Shantel said...

Hey Jessica,
I have been bugging aul about getting an SLR camera too. I hate my camera so I have been saving my pennies too. On Mothers day, I told Paul that I wanted a new camera or photoshop essentials. Of course he chose photoshop essentials. I love it! It is really great. It would be perfect for you and lots cheaper. You can do lots of cools things. I still need to mess around with it. I still want photoshop but this is great for now. Good luck. XOXO

Staci said...

glad to hear your going to post more! i've been trying to do that too but really i don't have as much going on as you do. sorry can't help you with the recipe!

Brenda said...

You're such a domestic goddess. . .Wheat Bread! That's something that I haven't even attempted. I have tried half and half though and it's easier to do that at first then maybe work into the other. Glad you'll be blogging more maybe I can get inspired from you to do it more too!

Jenny and Jared said...

Thats funny, we have a lot of the same goals this year. I am hoping to start making homemade bread regularly- I just got a new camera so that I can learn more about photography- and I am working on my food storage! Holly showed me a great website www.pinchingyourpennies.com that tells you which items are on sale each week and where- it rates the deal from 1 to 4 stars so its nice you can stock up while stuff is on sale and its not so expensive. Good luck!

Birrell Family said...

Love your goals Jessica,
Get yourself Photoshop Elements. Very easy to use and probably all you will ever need.(It's all I use) You can download it free for 30 days and after that, download it for under $100. We are starting to teach Photoshop Element classes at Pebbles. I am glad you will be blogging more... it is such a good way to remember the little things that are so easy to forget as the years go by.
Love you guys!