Thursday, September 18, 2008

2 in 1

2 in 1, meaning 2 posts in one! First of all Sara got a hair cut!! (If you don't remember how long her hair was before, look at the last post!) I took of about 2 1/2 inches off. We weren't necessarily going for that much off, but being the wiggle worm that she is, it became straight at that length. We love the new cut, even though it makes her look older. She loves it too! Mom is happy that it is still long enough to curl! Here is the end product soon after the cut.


The 2 of "2 in 1" is that today is picture day at school, and Sara wanted to pick her outfit herself and being the wonderful mom that I am I let her wear it. Okay I'll be honest I wanted her to wear a different color shirt than she picked out, and I fought her as hard as I could, but she won in the end. Usually the background in our school photos is blue so I didn't really want her to wear blue. But she wanted to wear her blue shirt.

Here is her entire outfit that she picked out. I also fought her on wearing her shoes without socks, "but mom they gave me a blister that one time", so hence the socks with shoes.
And of course, we can't take a picture of Sara without taking one of the boys! Every morning Curtis takes his shirt off, because he has to be "strong guy". He got that from Zack earlier this summer. Zack one day decided that in order to be a strong guy he needed to take off his shirt! We have lots of "strong guy" pictures of the two of them. They really are my strong guys though, they help me laugh through the day, which in turn helps me get through my day!

10 comments:

Shantel said...

Jess,
They are so cute. I love the tough guy pictures and Sara is a little princess. I love the haircut. I think she looks really cute. I let my girls wear whatever they want to at bedtime, and there are days where you just don't care and let them wear whatever. I went to shopko with Skylan yesterday and she looked interesting. But at least she was happy.

jwilson said...

Ok, I LOVE your kids! Sara's hair is so cute!

I admire you for letting Sara pick. Lex was not so lucky. I guess I should not be so controlling. :)

PS Cute new pic of you and Matt.

Mower Family said...

Cute hair cut! And can I say what a little hottie Curtis is?! He seriously looks like a little model in that picture! Strong man indeed!

Neena said...

Love the new hair do!!! your kids are adorable!

Staci said...

Oh man i really miss them!! i am so glad i'm coming home!!! They look so grown up! Oh and i love the new cut!

Megan Hedrick said...

her hair is so cute! and i love the strong man picture.

{sArAh} said...

I can't get over how cute your kids are! And I love sara's new hair cut!

emlizalmo said...

You are such a sweet mom, letting her win that battle. I draw the line at school pics...I get to pick the outfit, hairstyle...I'm a school picture nazi, I guess. Her outfit looks quite cute though...and her hair...LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I have to laugh everytime you post about your kids, they are the cutest and funniest kids ever..."strong man" ha ha ha!

Amy said...

Hey Jessica-
I came across your blog via Birrell's. Hope you don't mind. Your family is darling...they fit the Wirth mold. It was fun reading about your latest happenings. Feel free to visit us at thesixgardners.blogspot we would love to keep in touch.