Wednesday, August 27, 2008

first day of school!

Lets start out by telling a story.... Last fall I was watching "good things Utah" (a TV talk show for Utah....I know only in Ut!) One of the ladies on the show was being really emotional one morning after sending one of her kids to kindergarten for her first time. I was watching and thinking, come on lady pull it together- it's not that big of a deal!!! But oh was I wrong!! What an emotional deal it really is!!! So I apologize to the lady on tv for thinking such mean things about her!
So we go! Sara's first day of kindergarten was Monday. She was very excited and yet a little apprehensive. Last week when we went to meet her teacher she told me on the way in that she didn't think she wanted to go to school anymore. But quickly changed her mind after meeting her teacher...."I can't wait to go to school mommy!"

This was her before school. It was amazing how willing she was to get up and get ready for school this morning! If you know Sara, then you know that she is not a morning person, so this was an amazing event.
Sara and her friend Lexi, who is in her same class. Her Teacher is Mrs. Williams, and she goes in the morning.
We couldn't resist taking a picture us all. I really didn't want to let her go after the picture of the two of us was taken! It seems almost too soon for her to be five and going to school! The thing that makes me the most emotional is that I feel like now that she is in school, before I know it Zack will be too, and then Curtis. It just scares me how quick life is really moving!

12 comments:

Mower Family said...

I can't believe you have a kindergartener. (I can't believe I just spelled that right!) She looked so cute for her first day! I love the picture of you and your kids. You need to frame it!

emily said...

she is so darling! off to school and all grown up! i get teary every year on the first day! ours isn't until sept. 3rd ... i have a few days! Way to go Sara! School's the BEST!!

Brenda said...

You should be scared because just yesterday it was you going to school and me kissing you goodbye. She is a sweetie and will have a blast in school. It's very hard sending your first but just wait until it's your last you're sending off then you really feel how fast life goes. Give her a kiss for me

Jennalee said...

WOW! I'm right there...Gab's kindergarten teacher was so nice to me...I was bawling the first day of school and then the last day of school when she was telling her goodbye after a wonderful year...its like you're turning them over to the world and there's no going back...they do so well though! and this year with Zack he just kinda said "bye mom" and that was it...no tears :)

Jenny and Jared said...

She is so darling. I know I am going to have a hard time when my kids start going to school. As hard as it is to have them around all of the time- they become your friends and buddies!

Staci said...

She looked so cute for her first day! I can't believe she is old enough to go to school! It feels like i was just there only a few years ago, oh how time flies!

Anonymous said...

Awww! You guys are so cute! Speaking of starting school, my brother Zach is now starting college. I changed that kid's diapers and now he's living on his own? Am I really that old?

emlizalmo said...

It's quite an emotional time...and if it's not, you're emotional because you aren't emotional enough. It's hard to know just what to feel. I remember alot of fear. Until I realized thet ath Lord loves my kids even more than I do...and he'll keep an eye on them.

Jamie said...

She looks so adorable with her cute outfit and hair! I was thinking about Taylor going to school already because here in Denver I might have to start looking for a school, depending on where we might be living and I couldn't believe that he is going next year. That is good she was excited about going though. You guys are such a cute family.

Shantel said...

Sara looks so cute and happy. It really is crazy that she is old enough to be in school. I love the close up picture of her and the one with all of you. FRAMES GIRL

Shantel said...

You are so skinny!

dmmuaina said...

As a Kindergarten teacher I can tell you the parents of first time Kindergarteners have a tough time--usually harder than the kids (although you always have one or two that are upset). This year I had one little boy that was throwing up outside as he was waiting to come inside. He threatened to throw up one more time as the day went on, but made it through. Love you guys, Aunt Maureen