Thursday, May 21, 2009

my grandpa he's 95

I thought it would be fun to make this title a line out of a song....and you can all try and guess who the singer is! It happens to be Sara's favorite song right now and this blog is about her and her DANCE (hint) recital.

All these years I have put off putting Sara in dance for 2 reasons! 1-Money, and 2-I didn't want to try and live my dreams through my daughter. Plus she never really seemed interested. Well some neighbors and I decided to put our daughters in the little dance program at the local rec. center this past winter season, and they just had their recital! It was so much more fun than I expected! AND She really did so well!! She never practiced at home, and so I was half expecting her to not really know the dance and to my surprise she not only knew the whole thing, but she was on beat!!! Maybe she does have a little of me in her.
This picture I took right before the dance rehearsal, she had to pose!

This one was at the recital. She asked a few days before if "Dad could bring her flowers to the recital!" How in the world she knew about that I'll never know. Her friend told her dad..."roses or tulips please." They are quite a pair her and her friend. Matt pulled through like usual with some pretty Gerber daisy's.

Now my only thought is where do I go from here, I don't think I want her to continue at the rec. center, because I think she shows great potential. However at the same time I want her to really want to take dance on her own. I also want to be able to afford to take her to a more professional dance studio that can give her some good training. She has informed us that she wants to take dance, soccer, and swimming lessons this summer. If only we were made of money to really do that:) She will just have to dream of that in the mean while.

7 comments:

HBC said...

oh my! I am so sad I missed the dance recital! She looks so stinkin cute in her dance outfit....right out of the 80's with have leg warmers and cut off shirt. HA! Love Sara. She has such a great passion for life.

Anonymous said...

Steve Miller Band

Anonymous said...

Yup, by the looks of her little pose she's a dancer. I'm so glad you guys recorded that, it was so cute and I was so impressed. She's got quite the talent.

Megan Hedrick said...

She is way too cute in that 80's dance outfit. I'm going to put Kalie in dance this summer. I can't wait!

Josh and Jenna said...

Love the outfit!!! Of course she has some of you in her! How sweet that Matt brought her flowers.

Jessica said...

steve miller band is correct!

Ashli said...

You look so tan and SKINNY!!! NO fair!