Thursday, March 19, 2009

from baby to big boy

I am sure that most of you "moms" out there must share my feelings about potty training. It is the worst! If I had to rank things that I hate to do as a mom for my kids, I think potty training might be number 1! With that being said, I have dragged out potty training Curtis for quite a while! We had such a hard time with Sara, so with Zack and Curtis I waited, until I knew for sure they were ready.
Well this past week I finally gave in and started the potty training. we have been at it for a week and a half, and I am happy to report that yesterday we had "no accidents!" AND we only ever did have one pooping accident! I have been very blessed with this child! He even chants "go curtis go curtis" when he goes poop! (that was encouraged by his older siblings!) I should give most of the credit to my two sweet children, Sara and Zack for they truly helped their younger brother out. They were his cheerleaders every step of the way! I know I should claim victory yet, but I am convinced that it will only get easier with him. So for any of you out there trying to potty train your first, and hate it to death, just know that the 2nd and 3rd get easier, because of the older siblings examples! Well at least that has been my experience. So now my baby is no longer my baby but a big boy! (just in time to have another baby eh?)

8 comments:

Mower Family said...

Yay for Curty! What a relief huh?! I'm so glad he was easy!

I would say that I hate teething more though...
(probably becuase I had a relatively easy time potty training)

Josh and Jenna said...

There is no doubt that potty training is my number 1!!!! I HATE IT! Way to go, Jess! Would you take care of Cooper for me?

{sArAh} said...

Oh Yay! That is awesome! I love the "go curtis. go curtis!" Haha! Good thing he has such a great older brother & sister!! And MOM!

Jenny and Jared said...

Congrats! What relief- enjoy having no diapers for a little while!

Staci said...

ha ha he cracks me up!!He gets so excited when he goes! He is such a happy boy and so easy going i knew he'd potty train easily!

Mindy said...

oh how great!! I bet that is so nice. I hope you are doing well.

Kylene said...

Hahaaa! "Go Curtis, go Curtis!" That's adorable! I just got Jaakson potty-trained a few months ago and it was a lot of work but so worth it, as you know! I do hope it's a little easier with Shae! BTW, your kids are the cutest!

Megan Hedrick said...

ok I need some tips because we are failing miserably with Kalie