Tuesday, October 28, 2008

happy birthday zack! and deer hunt 2008

Our little Zack turned 4 a week ago on the 19th! Zack (or wac as Curtis calls him) is our sensitive one. His favorite color up until a few days ago was dark blue, it is now orange. He is quite the daddy's boy. Although I prefer to think he just pretends to be and that really inside he is a mama's boy:) His dad's favorite color is orange hence the new change of favorite color! He will do everything that his dad tells him to. Matt can get Zack to wear clothes that I can't and do things that I can't as well. As you know from previous posts Zack wore his pirate shirts almost all summer along with his camo shorts. He is very particular with what he wears even down to his underwear! He also can change his composure with in a matter of second; example: he is crying and whining about how hungry he is to me..."I say to him how do you ask me nicely"..he then with a smile on his face will say "mom can you please get me something to eat, I'm hungry." He is very neat and makes his bed everyday! He loves 4-wheeling, and riding his scooter and bike. When Gma Laura took him to pick out a birthday present he kept picking out toys for his sister and brother, she had to keep reminding him that it was a present for him! He has the kindest heart. He loves to cuddle with you and give hugs, but is a real boys boy. One of my favorite things about him are his eyes while he is laughing, they glisten. He loves his CARS cars aka lightning, the king, and chick. I love this boy with all my heart! He is a wonderful addition to our family!
We celebrated his birthday this year by going deer hunting, lets rephrase that we went camping while Matt, Michael, Jake, and Blaine went hunting. Here are some pictures: The first thing my kids do is get dirty when we go camping!And of course they found a worm....gross!Sara found a new love this past summer....powdered donuts!Four wheeling buddiesThe "real" excitement of the whole camping experience! Michael and his beautiful 4 point!The boys reenacting the deers face after being shot! Oh how I love those boys!!

The deer hunters minus Jake. Jake had to leave earlier in the day for work. Here we are, our little family camping! I am so grateful for my kids and husband, they are the best ever!!!

3 comments:

Megan Hedrick said...

Happy Birthday Zack! You have such a cute family and I love to hear about all the little camping trips you guys go on.. maybe someday I'll be able to get my family to go camping.

brittany said...

cute pics jess! i can't believe he is four. where does the time go? doesn't it seem like they were just babies? sounds like a fun birthday for zack (and matt). i sure hope matt gets his 4 point this year or whatever they are called... i loved the stories from last year, maybe this years hunt will be more successful for him!

HBC said...

I wish Scott and I would go camping more. I'd love it. Who knew you'd have the camping family? Love it and I love Zacky's picture at the top.