Monday, November 10, 2008

goodbye innocence

My sweet and innocent little curty has succumb to the evil influence of his siblings!!!! Yesterday I didn't let curtis have something and he said the worst thing he could ever say! "I Hate You" Now I hear this phrase almost daily from his siblings, and it doesn't even phase me. In fact I almost anticipate it, but I never thought I would hear it from my sweet, little, innocent curtis! Oh how my heart hurt! This little soul who comes in my room every morning and wakes me up by showering me with his wet kisses.... who bats his eyes at you just to make you smile...who constantly wants a hug and kiss from you....who laughs uncontrollably at almost anything!! Not Curty!!! Goodbye innocence!

7 comments:

Jennalee said...

:( they shouldn't be saying that to you! I'm sorry...they go so quickly! luckily they don't REALLY 'hate' you...

Staci said...

sad sad day! maybe he'll realize he's too sweet to say things like that!

Mower Family said...

I can't imagine Curty saying this! At least not without a smile! I'm not looking forward to that day when my kids say that to me.

Brenda said...

All you need to do is say "Really, I love you, and shower him with kisses, you know he won't be able to resist that! He is just too darn cute.

jwilson said...

Not Curtis! I don't believe it. You are such a good mom and have such great kids. I find it hard to believe any of them say it.

Brindy said...

What a sad day! Like you said though, I think they just catch up on what their older siblings say and they don't really know what it means. My favorite phrase I like to say is "I'm sorry you feel that way" and my 6 year old hates when I say that. :)

Birrell Family said...

Little kids with older siblings grow up too fast! I don't believe this kid could be any cuter... sign me up for babysitting if you are ever in a pinch... seriously! Love Brenda